Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Molly: Day 2 Begins


Well, I survived Day 1, and so far not so bad, but like I mentioned in my last blog you crave things you might not otherwise crave when you know you CAN'T have it. I stopped by Walmart last night on my way home from work to pick up a birthday card for my brother, and I decided I could spend some of my leftover money on coffee. The cheapest I could find was instant coffee, which I never drink for like $1.50, so I'm down to $5.50 for the rest of the week. I'm actually drinking the instant coffee right now, and it's really not all that bad. It's caffeine, so I'll be alright. I went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night and met my friend from out of town. I told him all about the Food Stamp Challenge, so he was kind enough not to order any food. I drank my water and we just talked. The neatest thing about the whole night was his reaction to what I was doing. It really made him think about those that have to live on food stamps and "who" those people might be. We probably talked about the challenge for an hour. It's interesting the e-mails I'm getting at work and comments being posted on kltv.com. There are a lot of people who don't support the Food Stamp Program, and then those who are very supportive. I really do enjoy reading the comments and e-mails, so keep them coming. I've decided to do more research myself on the program because I think there are a lot of misconceptions out there. Does the program get abused... I'm almost sure it does. It's those stories that are hard for others to accept when they struggle to buy food for their families. I know I have to constantly watch what I spend these days, so really this is a great experience for me. So... what's on the menu for DAY 2... so far, I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter on them and a cup of instant coffee. I'll let you know about the rest of the day later :).

No comments: