Monday, September 15, 2008

Molly - Day Six


I'm sorry I'm blogging a day late, but I had no time yesterday. Ike has really taken a toll on me, so I was busy reporting all day. I can tell you what... it was not a good day for me as far as the Food Stamp Challenge goes, but at the same time it was not entirely my fault. I tried to come to work prepared, so I brought some left over macaroni and cheese to eat for dinner. For breakfast/lunch I ate peanut butter toast, and I was going to eat around 5 p.m. when I noticed someone had thrown out my food... yes, my container and all. I was so angry... apparently the cleaning crew cleaned out our entire refridgerator at KLTV and just threw out my food. Well, let me tell you I was hungry and did not have time to run home for dinner, so I had to stop by Subway. Did that fit in my budget "no", so it made me think. If I truly was living on food stamps, I would have just gone hungry that night. It really makes me appreciate what I do have, and how hard it must be for those living on food stamps.

No comments: