Monday, September 15, 2008

Molly - DAY SEVEN!!!




The week actually went by pretty fast. I can't believe it's over, but at the same time I am glad it is. I feel guilty saying that because others are not as fortunate. For breakfast today I had my usual. I have one piece of bread leftover :). I packed some noodles and butter for lunch and then baked a chicken breast for dinner and had some rice. I actually have two chicken breasts left, some noodles, a can of corn and a whole lot of rice. I believe I bought the right things, but at the same time they would get old after awhile.




I've learned so many things this past week that it's hard to write them all down. I truly believe this was a great experience for me because if there is anything I waist money on it's food. During hard economic times... it's good for me to learn what others have to go through all the time and appreciate what I do have. I'm never going to take another meal for granted... especially when I'm out to eat with my friends. The food may not always be great, but that's not the only reason we go to a restaurant... it's for the social experience, something those on food stamps don't have the luxury of experiencing all the time. Granted... I work hard for the money I do earn... and have worked hard in life to get where I'm at, but at the same time things are not always going to be great in life.




I encourage anyone who is considering taking on the Food Stamp Challenge to do so because it really makes you think. I've never thought so much about what I was going to eat... not even when I was trying to lose weight :). I really had to plan out every meal because running by Subway, or Jason's Deli for lunch is not an option. I'm sure more thoughts will come to mind later, but I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow is my Friday, so I may just have to go out to eat and celebrate :).

No comments: